Ensuring Showings are Successful
Private showings and open houses provide opportunities for buyers to view your property and get a sense of what it would be like to live there. Ideally, you will want them to be impressed by what they see – and motivated to make an offer. Consider using our HOME STAGING services to make your home appeal to the largest number of buyers by neutralizing colors, opening spaces, and showcasing a comfortable place.
The Property Couple will coordinate with you to select days and times that are as convenient as possible for allowing potential buyers to tour your home. We encourage you to be as flexible as possible as buyers are typically on a “house hunting” trip or have limited time to see homes, so adjusting to their schedule is key.
Although we do most of the work, there are a few things you can do to make showings more successful:
- Make sure your house is neat and clean.
- Remove personal items such as family pictures (this would be done during our HOME STAGING process) as non-personalized furnishings and accessories make it easier for buyers to imagine themselves living in your house.
- Find a place to go, such as a park or shopping mall. Buyers are more comfortable if they can tour your property without you there.
- If possible, remove your pets from the premises; you can take them for a walk, or to a local pet sitting service or kennel.
- Ensure the walkway leading up to your house is clear, that includes removing potted plants.
We realize showings and open houses can be inconvenient. As your real estate agents, we will do our best to minimize disruptions.
Want to learn more about our approach? Please submit the form below or call or email us today to schedule a no-obligation Personal Consultation.